2017 Grand Endurance Auto Racing Series
|2017 Grand Endurance Auto Racing Series|
|Date||February - November 2017|
|Drivers' Champion||Kyran Parkin|
|Teams' Champion||Unified Petroleum Autosports|
|<< 2016 GEARS ----- 2018 GEARS >>|
The 2017 Grand Endurance Auto Racing Series (GEARS) is the fourth season of Realish Racing's sportscar endurance championship.
The six rounds will feature five sessions:
- Free Practice - running throughout the week of the race beginning on the Monday evening.
- Final Practice - 30 minutes, all cars on track, beginning at 18:30.
- Qualifying - 30 minutes, all cars on track, no lap limit. Beginning at 19:00.
- Warmup - 5 minutes for setup finalisation, refuelling, and bathroom breaks, beginning at 19:30.
- Race - 120 minutes (2 hours) in length with a formation lap behind the safety car followed by a rolling start. Beginning at approximately 19:35.
The 2017 GEARS season is open only to the Renault RS01. As such, it is a spec series.
Calendar & Results
The calendar is as follows.
All drivers are eligible to score points in the Drivers Championship. The Drivers Champion will be the driver with the most points at the end of the season. There will be no dropped scores. If points totals are tied between 2 or more drivers, race result countback will determine the champion, followed by fastest total combined race time. To be classified, drivers need to complete 70% of the race distance when finishing, or 90% when DNF'ing. The newcomer driver finishing highest in the Drivers Championship will win the Newcomers Trophy.
The team with the highest combined points total from all of their drivers will win the Teams Championship.