• 29/11/2020 Formula RPM 7: Macau | 13/12/2020 Formula RPM 8: Suzuka | 19/12/2020 Crashmas X

Racing on the PC - RlyR FTP

Information regarding the Realish Racing Gaming Servers
ajokay
Original Boss
Name: Alex Odell
Car No: 23
Team: POWA
Steam ID: ajokay
Twitter: ajokay85

Racing on the PC - RlyR FTP

Postby ajokay » 20 Jun 2014, 13:43

2018 logon information
server: ftp.realishracing.com
user: rrftp

##################

FTP. File Transfer Protocol. This allows us to share files over the internet without having to resort to upload sites (which either cost money or limit uploads and downloads) or something like dropbox (which we've experienced space issues with). "The FTP", as you will hear it called, is a folder on the server this website is hosted on that everyone with the address and password has access to. From here we can share mod files for cars and circuits as well as, most importantly, our own custom liveries. Unlike Forza, which has an in-game livery editor and sends custom liveries to all multiplayer participants when the online race loads, Race 07 requires you to have all the files necessary on your own PC to be able to see other people's liveries. There is no in-game livery editor and so you're required to make them yourself externally in a painting program (but that will be covered here). If you don't have a player's custom livery, they will be shown driving one of the default in-game liveries.

The FTP can be accessed through your web browser simply by typing in the address. This gives you access to view and download, but not to upload. You can also access the FTP in Windows Explorer by seeing up a new network location from the My Computer or Control Panel screens. This can be a bit shaky though. The option I use is to download a free FTP client which allows you to access the FTP, and upload and download without any hassle. The one I use is called Filezilla. Others are available. You could even use something like Adobe Dreamweaver (if you have access to it) or even various browser plug-ins.

Download and install your FTP client, type the following credentials (ignore the info in the image, newest details are at the top of this post into the new connection (or similar) window:

and you should be presented with something like this)

(screenshots from CyberDuck)

From here it's just like the expandable file tree you see every day down the side of your Windows Explorer (or other OS explorer's) windows. You can drag and drop from your own PC's file locations and stuff will upload or download. Or you can right click and select the options from the drop down menu or whatever, the usual several different ways of doing the same thing.

The FTP is structured with (currently) 3 main folders. Audio, Video and Race07. Audio and video are for uploading and sharing exactly what you expect, should you need to. The Race 07 folder contains sub folders for Cars (where car set mods will be available from), Tracks (where track mods will be kept) and Extras (where various Race 07 files, templates, tools, etc will be stored).

The 4th and final folder is named CustomSkins. This directly mimics the CustomSkins folder on your own PC, and is where all our unique custom car liveries and paint jobs are to be uploaded, along with the necessary .ini files (more on that here).

Your own CustomSkins folder can be found at ...//My Documents/SimBin/Race07/CustomSkins

The CustomSkins folder contains a subfolder for each series we race, and those in turn contain a folder for each team in which they can upload their liveries, helmets, overalls and .ini files. Have a separate folder for each series keeps our folders from becoming cluttered, allows for easy addition and subtraction of an entire series worth of liveries if required, and stops .ini files from becoming cluttered with multiple series.

All textures should be downloaded from the CustomSkins folder on the FTP to your own CustomSkins folder in order for your to see other member's liveries when racing them online.
0x
Have fun.

nOc75
Name: Niall O'Connell
Car No: 75
Team: Westlander, PSP

Re: Racing on the PC - RlyR FTP

Postby nOc75 » 23 Nov 2014, 19:18

Got prompted to do an update from CyberDuck y'day, and now every time I log in to the FTP it's empty? No files, nothing there?!
0x

craighypheno
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Craig Woollard
Car No: 86
Team: ByCraig Racing
Wiki Page: craighypheno

Postby craighypheno » 23 Nov 2014, 21:07

I didn't update and mine is fine...
0x
Be right back.

RaceProUK
Name: Dave Morley
Car No: 149
Team: Red Scarf Racing
Wiki Page: RaceProUK
Steam ID: RaceProUK
Twitter: RaceProUK

Postby RaceProUK » 23 Nov 2014, 21:10

nOc75 wrote:Got prompted to do an update from CyberDuck y'day, and now every time I log in to the FTP it's empty? No files, nothing there?!
Everything's still there. But then I use FileZilla.
0x

ajokay
Original Boss

Postby ajokay » 23 Nov 2014, 21:12

Yeah, that happened to me once. Thats why I no longer update Cyberduck!
0x
Have fun.

Boovolari
Original 8
Name: Pete Walker
Car No: 71

Postby Boovolari » 24 Nov 2014, 09:29

Just add a network connection to the ftp in your My Computer window. The FTP just sits as a folder next to my drives. No software needed. :)
0x

ajokay
Original Boss

Postby ajokay » 16 Feb 2015, 18:10

I'll be giving the FTP a clear out at the end of the week, removing any old files, including liveries from old seasons. I'll be backing all those up though, so they won't be lost. If you don't have them and want them, be sure to grab them before the end of the week.
0x
Have fun.

HFG Ben
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Ben Haddleton
Car No: 777
Team: Firecruiser Racing Team
Wiki Page: Covamalia
Steam ID: HFGBen
Twitter: @bmgh85

Postby HFG Ben » 16 Feb 2015, 18:33

A bit backwards to the above, but do you (or anyone else) still have the Formula R liveries? I deleted them a while ago when my Race07 went funny but just noticed now when checking I had the rest that these were missing from my files.
0x

ajokay
Original Boss

Postby ajokay » 15 Jul 2015, 20:52

If you're having trouble accessing the FTP, try replacing anywhere it says reallyrubbishracing.co.uk with realishracing.com

Edit: alternatively, it might be Cyberduck being flaky. Try using an alternative FTP program, or simply setting the FTP up as a network location in Windows Explorer from My Computer

Edit Edit: yeah, it's cyberduck being shit. use something else.
1x
Have fun.

craighypheno
Pleb Club Gold Member

Postby craighypheno » 15 Jul 2015, 21:35

What would an alternative program be?
0x
Be right back.

shaxberd
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Björn Golda
Car No: 10
Team: aureus motorsport
Wiki Page: Shaxberd
Steam ID: shaxberd
Twitter: shaxberd

Postby shaxberd » 15 Jul 2015, 21:42

FileZilla all the way. Unfortunately, they're still hosted at SourceForge, which is now a rather shady place, so make sure you download via the links over here (still SF, but appear to be safe) and not the big, green button on their main page which alledgedly bundles some ad/mal/crapware.
1x
Have you ever had a dream that you, um, you had, your, you, you could, you’ll do, you, you wants, you, you could do so, you , you’ll do, you could, you, you want, you want them, to do you so much, you could do anything?

ajokay
Original Boss

Postby ajokay » 15 Jul 2015, 22:05

0x
Have fun.

HFG Ben
Pleb Club Gold Member

Postby HFG Ben » 16 Jul 2015, 05:50

I would say use Ninite. Or, for more advanced users, Chocolatey for application downloads.
Just stay the hell away from SourceForge... for ANYTHING!
0x

craighypheno
Pleb Club Gold Member

Postby craighypheno » 23 Jul 2015, 16:39

I have downloaded FileZilla and managed to get it to work regarding downloading from the FTP, however uploading to the FTP is not going well, saying that permission is denied. I could always try downloading Cyberduck's update and see if that fixes anything.

Edit: yeah, same problem.
0x
Be right back.

GremlinWon
Name: Thomas Alderton
Car No: 40
Steam ID: GremlinWon

Postby GremlinWon » 23 Jul 2015, 17:05

craighypheno wrote:I have downloaded FileZilla and managed to get it to work regarding downloading from the FTP, however uploading to the FTP is not going well, saying that permission is denied. I could always try downloading Cyberduck's update and see if that fixes anything.

Edit: yeah, same problem.

I just run the ftp as a network location that I've connected to my computer and have had no such troubles. It's the easiest way of it working. It may not be the quickest but it works.

On that note on the FTP, when I uploaded the new skins for Team ATOM i couldn't delete the old folder so made it as a new folder with the date to show that it's more current. If someone can manage to clean that up I'd be grateful as I currently cannot for some reason.
0x
ImageImage

shaxberd
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Björn Golda
Car No: 10
Team: aureus motorsport
Wiki Page: Shaxberd
Steam ID: shaxberd
Twitter: shaxberd

Postby shaxberd » 23 Jul 2015, 17:28

GremlinWon wrote:If someone can manage to clean that up I'd be grateful as I currently cannot for some reason.

Done. No problems while using Filezilla over here :?
1x
Have you ever had a dream that you, um, you had, your, you, you could, you’ll do, you, you wants, you, you could do so, you , you’ll do, you could, you, you want, you want them, to do you so much, you could do anything?

craighypheno
Pleb Club Gold Member

Postby craighypheno » 23 Jul 2015, 18:40

The fact that I had the exact same issue using both Cyberduck and FileZilla makes me think that I'm doing something seriously wrong. It's not urgent at the moment as the only thing I wish to upload is an updated Club Day folder. I may have to take the long route.
0x
Be right back.

RaceProUK
Name: Dave Morley
Car No: 149
Team: Red Scarf Racing
Wiki Page: RaceProUK
Steam ID: RaceProUK
Twitter: RaceProUK

Postby RaceProUK » 23 Jul 2015, 18:51

Did you update all your URLs to the new one?
0x

craighypheno
Pleb Club Gold Member

Postby craighypheno » 23 Jul 2015, 20:23

RaceProUK wrote:Did you update all your URLs to the new one?

Yup.
0x
Be right back.

Ratonedge
Car No: 5
Team: ATTK Motorsport - NMR

Postby Ratonedge » 25 Jul 2015, 21:30

i'm having real problems getting things out the ftp.
some items download easy (Brit SP tracks)
others just open up in the web browser.. (SR4 cam file)

and are the liviers meant to download as a folder as it only lets me download each individual segment
0x
Covamalia wrote:
Who do you see as your main rivals?
Ratboy, who will be going very fast but slowly.

Ratonedge wrote:also I am never racing Sedona again. fucking god awful abomination of a place

Sam Hill
Pleb Club Gold Member
Car No: 00
Wiki Page: Sam Hill
Steam ID: Tsunami_Sam
Twitter: @samh981

Postby Sam Hill » 25 Jul 2015, 21:35

Ratonedge wrote:i'm having real problems getting things out the ftp.
some items download easy (Brit SP tracks)
others just open up in the web browser.. (SR4 cam file)

and are the liviers meant to download as a folder as it only lets me download each individual segment

Not sure what the problem is but I'd imagine that you could copy and paste the text from the cam file and save it in the correct place as *file name*.cam. Maybe there's another way that someone else could let you know abput
0x
"Can I drink the bread?"

"Is she (Dame Ellen MacArthur) the transvestite that wears the big, silly glasses?"

Ratonedge
Car No: 5
Team: ATTK Motorsport - NMR

Postby Ratonedge » 25 Jul 2015, 21:40

can try that if no one else has a answer.

if I just get that and not the livieries will it still let me into the lobby?
0x
Covamalia wrote:
Who do you see as your main rivals?
Ratboy, who will be going very fast but slowly.

Ratonedge wrote:also I am never racing Sedona again. fucking god awful abomination of a place

Sam Hill
Pleb Club Gold Member
Car No: 00
Wiki Page: Sam Hill
Steam ID: Tsunami_Sam
Twitter: @samh981

Postby Sam Hill » 25 Jul 2015, 22:11

Ratonedge wrote:can try that if no one else has a answer.

if I just get that and not the livieries will it still let me into the lobby?

Should do. The other cars will just show up with the stock liveries
0x
"Can I drink the bread?"

"Is she (Dame Ellen MacArthur) the transvestite that wears the big, silly glasses?"

HFG Ben
Pleb Club Gold Member

Postby HFG Ben » 25 Jul 2015, 22:14

Sounds like you're using your browser rather than an FTP program. Download Cyberduck or Filezilla and use that
1x

GremlinWon
Name: Thomas Alderton
Car No: 40
Steam ID: GremlinWon

Postby GremlinWon » 25 Jul 2015, 22:34

or at least link the ftp to your computer files as an online thingy
0x
ImageImage