• 13/06/2021 CAR: Albi | 20/06/2021 CAR: Le Mans Bugatti | 04/07/2021 CAR: Pau

Event 4 - Role Call & PRD

All discussion regarding the eleventh season of Really Rubbish Racing, the Lotus Exige World Cup
thescottwilkes
Car No: 442
Team: ATTK Motorsport
Twitter: thescottwilkes

Re: Event 4 - Role Call & PSD

Postby thescottwilkes » 16 Oct 2013, 09:46

Errrr... wut?
0x

"Why don't you walk to the Gym?!"BECAUSE IT'S TOO FAR!!"
They call me Scott Sunshine Wilkes.
"Stop following me I need to PEE!"

ajokay
Original Boss
Name: Alex Odell
Car No: 23
Team: POWA
Steam ID: ajokay
Twitter: ajokay85

Postby ajokay » 16 Oct 2013, 09:49

I don't understand.
0x
Have fun.

DanThorn
Name: Dan Thorn
Car No: 802

Postby DanThorn » 16 Oct 2013, 09:55

17 people, and thus two lobbies. Though I make it 18 ;)
0x

D0n M4730
Car No: 85
Team: Team Diablo/PSP Motorsports
Twitter: @D0n_M4730

Postby D0n M4730 » 16 Oct 2013, 10:07

It's 18 if Scot races, he's "unsure" at the moment.
0x

ajokay
Original Boss

Postby ajokay » 16 Oct 2013, 10:25

Either way, getting 16 people into a lobby and have them all stay there is more trouble than it's worth, so would be 2 lobbies anyway.
0x
Have fun.

smifaye
Original 8
Car No: 50

Postby smifaye » 16 Oct 2013, 12:02

Yeah 16 people lobbies really don't work unfortunately which is a shame
0x

RaceProUK
Name: Dave Morley
Car No: 149
Team: Red Scarf Racing
Wiki Page: RaceProUK
Steam ID: RaceProUK
Twitter: RaceProUK

Postby RaceProUK » 16 Oct 2013, 15:57

Hmm... will I be in Lobby 1 tonight?
*crosses fingers*
0x

Kimstermagnum
Pleb Club Silver Member
Name: The First Baron of Banterville
Car No: 9
Team: The Unholy Alliance
Twitter: Kimstermagnum

Postby Kimstermagnum » 16 Oct 2013, 16:24

In.
0x

thescottwilkes
Car No: 442
Team: ATTK Motorsport
Twitter: thescottwilkes

Postby thescottwilkes » 16 Oct 2013, 17:07

I won't be racing tonight, I've got too much on.
0x

"Why don't you walk to the Gym?!"BECAUSE IT'S TOO FAR!!"
They call me Scott Sunshine Wilkes.
"Stop following me I need to PEE!"

RaceProUK

Postby RaceProUK » 16 Oct 2013, 17:46

RaceProUK wrote:Hmm... will I be in Lobby 1 tonight?
*crosses fingers*

Nope :-(
0x

smifaye
Original 8
Car No: 50

Postby smifaye » 16 Oct 2013, 20:13

Great night of racing, consisted mainly of trying to chase down Flob. 2nd race was great fun as we were really close throughout and Flob kept leaving the door open into the final hairpin but I wasn't quite close enough to get by. Last lap and we ran closer than ever, i went for a move, tapped flob, decided not to pass but then next corner flob runs too deep and i grt through, flob thinks about side by side into the esses but has to back out. Great stuff! Thanks flob :)
0x

ajokay
Original Boss

Postby ajokay » 16 Oct 2013, 20:40

Results are up

Champ points are up

Awful night. Horrible.
0x
Have fun.

DanThorn

Postby DanThorn » 16 Oct 2013, 21:01

Race 1
Started at the back, up to second by lap 2. Spent a lap trying to pass Matt but he defended excellently and I couldn't get past at all. We had a tiny bit of contact out of turn 2 on lap three which allowed Cyber past both of us. A lap later I pulled off an epic pass on Cyber for the lead around the outside of turn 3 but promptly span at the next corner. Couldn't find a rhythm after that, had a good battle with Dave which I juts prevailed in to take third in lobby.

Race 2
I tweeted before the event that I have a unique mixture of blinding speed combined with frequent crashes. I love Infineon though, and happily I didn't crash at all. Took the lead in turn one and never looked back. Had some great fun hot lapping, chasing to see if I could get a 1:39. About half distance I did, and in pushing to go even quicker I made a couple of errors so I backed it off and settled into the high 40s. Shocked to take 4th and fastest lap, I wish I'd kept pushing for a podium now!

Overall more settled than the first two weeks though. They had a Lotus Elise on wheeler dealers yesterday and I took some of the suspension advice from that and it made it a bit better :)

BTW, I've put my setup on my storefront if anyone wants a go. If you like it, let me know and I'll gift it to you.
0x

MasterOntWolf
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Robert Covey
Car No: 43
Team: Howler Racing
Steam ID: MasterOntWolf
Twitter: @MasterOntWolf

Postby MasterOntWolf » 16 Oct 2013, 21:44

Lobby 2 Race 1
Started at the back of the pack in 5th and held my position through the hairpin fairly clean, moved up nicely into 3rd coming outa turn 4 till Dan and I got together, had to back off the throttle to hold onto it letting Dan and RacePro get past me before Turn 5. Lin slid into me on Turn 5 knocking me off into the sand (Lin Actually got the worst of it) After that it got pretty clear I didn't have the acceleration for this track. After some dummy turns on my part Lin managed to catch up to me on lap six and we had a nice little run for a few laps till he got by me then all I could do was try and keep my line hoping for a mistake which eventually happened on Lap 10, Got really really lucky and managed to hold on and finsh where I started 5th

Lobby 2 Race 2
Really didn't fair much better in this race. Again not enough acceleration, traded some paint with Lin again on laps 1 and 2 but after that it was a pretty lonely remaining 12 laps. Again finished where I started 5th.

All and all I had a pretty good day definately gonna be watching replays and heading to the tune shop to fix my gearing before the next event. Even had time today to hang around and have some fun races but think everyone moved over to GTA. Great race day all see you at the next event.
0x
We will rEgAin our righTful place above Team Penguin.
If you're not using a wheel and peddles your gaming, not sim racing.

camp_bell
Blue Flag Media Team
Name: Campbell Wallis
Car No: 64
Team: Kaibutsu Racing
Steam ID: camp_bell
Twitter: camp__bell

Postby camp_bell » 16 Oct 2013, 21:51

Ugh. Finished last in both races, car was awful to drive with oversteer everywhere. Got lapped again, which was extremely depressing.

edit: undoubted highlight was Cyber asking if the Mega Drive was a Nintendo console. And the hilarity in GTA afterwards.
0x
"Out upon Merry Christmas! If I had my will, every idiot who goes about with "You should use driver aids" on his lips should be boiled with his own pudding. He should!" - Me in the Realish Christmas Carol 2020

DanThorn

Postby DanThorn » 17 Oct 2013, 07:02

Lin1876 wrote:
edit: undoubted highlight was Cyber asking if the Mega Drive was a Nintendo console.

That was hilarious :lol:
0x

HFG Ben
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Ben Haddleton
Car No: 777
Team: Firecruiser Racing Team
Wiki Page: Covamalia
Steam ID: HFGBen
Twitter: @bmgh85

Postby HFG Ben » 17 Oct 2013, 07:21

Yeah sorry about the last minute out from me. Had to take Sam to the hospital. Turns out she has a water infection but have to check stuff like that when pregnant as it could be something more serious. At least I got back in time for some GTA fun though!
0x

cybersamurai79
Name: Tim Straub-Lubin
Car No: 97
Team: Frami Autosport
Steam ID: SteelRonin

Postby cybersamurai79 » 17 Oct 2013, 09:17

Lin1876 wrote:

edit: undoubted highlight was Cyber asking if the Mega Drive was a Nintendo console.

I DONT KNOW THESE THINGS
0x
GamerTag: Cybersamurai79
POOOWWEEEEEEEEEERR
"Don't stop believing... unless your dream is stupid. Get a new dream then."

RaceProUK

Postby RaceProUK » 17 Oct 2013, 09:20

cybersamurai79 wrote:
Lin1876 wrote:edit: undoubted highlight was Cyber asking if the Mega Drive was a Nintendo console.

I DONT KNOW THESE THINGS

If only there was a place where the collective knowledge of humanity was being catalogued for all to read...
0x

blairy20
Name: Liam Blair
Car No: 11
Team: The N Teams
Steam ID: blairy20
Twitter: l3lairdog

Postby blairy20 » 17 Oct 2013, 10:07

But when has Sega ever been Nintendo? Bless ya!

Onto last nights performance, meh!

This is why I don't like tuning.
0x

ajokay
Original Boss

Postby ajokay » 17 Oct 2013, 10:17

Back when I was about 10, I (as a nintendo fan) was explaining to my younger cousin (sega fan) how they were different companies, each with their own mascot character IP and how Sonic and Mario would NEVER appear in the same game together EVER. I think I even bet him £10.

I'm guessing he's forgotten about that conversation.
0x
Have fun.

D0n M4730

Postby D0n M4730 » 17 Oct 2013, 11:48

In spite of the low turnout in Lobby 2 this week it was a surprisingly decent night of racing.

Race 1: Started on pole and tried to escape the field but ultimately wasn't fast enough to stay out in front for long. I was caught by Dan and had a good battle with him for a lap or so before the slightest bit of contact at turn 1 unsettled us both and allowed Cyber through. Repassed Dan when he had an off later on and set about chasing after Cyber but I didn't have the pace and he gradually slipped away. 2nd

Race 2: Dan was amazingly quick and just disappeared but I spent most of the race battling with Cyber. He was quicker over a single lap but I made fewer errors, so ther were times when he'd build up a lead over me only for me to claw it back when he made a mistake. This culminated in an epic last corner move where Cyber managed to get alongside me on the inside into the braking zone but I then performed the mother of all switchbacks and just managed to power past him on the exit of the corner and out drag him to the line. 2nd
0x

D0n M4730

Postby D0n M4730 » 17 Oct 2013, 11:56

Also, just spotted on the Wiki that Niall is apparently on 98 points. I don't want to do a disservice to my team mate but I don't think that's right ...
0x

Mr Flobadob
Name: Lee Harrison
Car No: 7
Team: The Offenders
Twitter: therealmrflob

Postby Mr Flobadob » 17 Oct 2013, 18:03

Had ridiculously good luck last night, starting from pole in both races. No doubt was a big helping hand in both results.

Race 1

Made sure I built a gap while Smifaye was getting through field. Once he got into 2nd I was holding my lead well for a few laps then he started catching me, though I wasn't losing as much time as I thought I might pre-race. In the end I was just able to go quick enough and be quick where it mattered to stop Smifaye having much chance of an overtake. He got pretty close but I managed to do a 33.1 with 2 laps left which with hindsight, pretty much killed off the battle. 1st.

Race 2

Same story as race 1. Was feeling a little more confident mid-race but then I had 2 or 3 laps where I just seemingly forgot how to take the final fast right-hander and that put Smifaye on me to the point where he had a few goes at overtaking but I was just about able to hold my position. Great battle. After that I stopped making so many mistakes and looked like I was going to hold on. However on the last lap I tried to take the double-apex hairpin a bit quicker because Smiff was quite close, but I braked a bit too late and he got through. I tried to come back on the outside but I hit the kerb which badly unsettled to the car and I had to work quite hard to keep it straight. That freed up Smiff and ended up nearly letting Kimster past, but I just managed to defend and hold on for 2nd.
0x

RaceProUK

Postby RaceProUK » 17 Oct 2013, 19:36

0x