• 13/06/2021 CAR: Albi | 20/06/2021 CAR: Le Mans Bugatti | 04/07/2021 CAR: Pau

Event 2 - Role Call & PRD

All discussion regarding the eleventh season of Really Rubbish Racing, the Lotus Exige World Cup
PJTierney
Name: PJ Tierney
Car No: 45
Team: Goteki House
Wiki Page: PJ
Twitter: @PJ_Tierney

Re: Event 2 - Role Call & PRD

Postby PJTierney » 02 Oct 2013, 18:19

In.
0x

PJ Tierney
| Social Media Manager at Codemasters

Lotus Elise Anniversary Series - Drivers' & Teams' Champion
Mega GT World Tour - Drivers' & Teams' Champion
Miata Masters - Drivers' Champion
GT Super Sprint Series - Teams' Champion

299 Race Event Starts | 3 Drivers' Championships | 3 Teams' Championships | 2 Special Event Wins | 33 Race Event Wins | 11 Rally Stage Wins

Twitter | YouTube | Twitch

ajokay
Original Boss
Name: Alex Odell
Car No: 23
Team: POWA
Steam ID: ajokay
Twitter: ajokay85

Postby ajokay » 02 Oct 2013, 18:30

Lobby 2 pj
0x
Have fun.

smifaye
Original 8
Car No: 50

Postby smifaye » 02 Oct 2013, 19:58

That second race was so intense. Was trying to chase Liam whilst being chased by Kimster. Great stuff. Had my only real chance when lapping Niall but didn't get quite close enough. Brilliant stuff, well done Liam
0x

camp_bell
Blue Flag Media Team
Name: Campbell Wallis
Car No: 64
Team: Kaibutsu Racing
Steam ID: camp_bell
Twitter: camp__bell

Postby camp_bell » 02 Oct 2013, 20:02

Well that was hilariously pathetic. Spent the first few laps of race 1 assaulting people then settled into a great scrap with Scott to avoid last place, one which I just lost. Much the same in the second race, though I got lapped twice by Alex, and once each by Tom, Ben and Cyber.

Not really a successful evening...
0x
"Out upon Merry Christmas! If I had my will, every idiot who goes about with "You should use driver aids" on his lips should be boiled with his own pudding. He should!" - Me in the Realish Christmas Carol 2020

Ratonedge
Car No: 5
Team: ATTK Motorsport - NMR

Postby Ratonedge » 02 Oct 2013, 20:29

Had 2 good solid if uneventful races tonight.

Race1. track started to disappear and sound froze a few times but managed to finish just before Xbox froze.

Race2. dropped behind a group after an off but they all collided and I slipped nicley through.
0x
Covamalia wrote:
Who do you see as your main rivals?
Ratboy, who will be going very fast but slowly.

Ratonedge wrote:also I am never racing Sedona again. fucking god awful abomination of a place

HFG Ben
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Ben Haddleton
Car No: 777
Team: Firecruiser Racing Team
Wiki Page: Covamalia
Steam ID: HFGBen
Twitter: @bmgh85

Postby HFG Ben » 02 Oct 2013, 20:38

Well the first race I quickly got behind Alex and PJ and then they shot off while I pulled away from the chasing pack. Any other week and that would have been a dominant Lobby 2 win. Fastest lap was only 5 hundredths off PJ's fastest. Only problem with me was I could not consistently get the speed in turn 1. Rest of the lap I was doing great though. 3rd in lobby

Second race I hung back after starting last, hoping to pick off any carnage. Not much happened though (except for being 4 wide just before the wall of death at one point and I think Scott and Lin backed out of that one) so I didnt really pick much up. Then was catching Cyber up a lot and went round the outside into that same corner, but then ended up hitting the wall and being spat back into the gravel on the other side losing me a huge chunk of time and dropped me from 4th to 8th. Then was just a case of plodding round and chasing those in front and hoping for mistakes. Dave and Cyber were battling and taking a bit of time from each other. Eventually got past them both with a cracking move on Lap 21, taking them both in the space of a few metres in the same move. Then pulled out a lead on them, realised I wasnt catching Rattie any time soon, so just paced myself and tried not to cock it up. In doing that I nearly did though as I slowed down enough for Cyber to catch back up in the last couple of corners. Knew where to place the car though to stop any attacks and held him off. 6th in lobby.

No idea if I got points today, but did have fun all the same. Still not tuned the car as yet. May give it a bash, but am feeling quite comfortable with the stock setup to be honest.
0x

ajokay
Original Boss
Name: Alex Odell
Car No: 23
Team: POWA
Steam ID: ajokay
Twitter: ajokay85

Postby ajokay » 02 Oct 2013, 20:44

Results and championship tables are up in the usual place.

Please let me know if anything is wrong. Blairy, your race 2 photo was very blurry, but I did my best. I think I have the right order. Wasn't entirely sure about fastest lap, but I think Smifaye has it.
0x
Have fun.

D0n M4730
Car No: 85
Team: Team Diablo/PSP Motorsports
Twitter: @D0n_M4730

Postby D0n M4730 » 02 Oct 2013, 21:04

Race 1: after starting near the back I made up a few places in the opening laps, largely as a result of staying out of trouble. Made it up to 4th. Came under pressure from Tommy that he kept up for the rest of the race, with us swapping places several times. Good battle that, ended with us crossing the line just inches apart. 4th.

Race 2: started on pole but had Alex get past me after a few corners, then got involved in a collision caused my a bit of a domino effect when we ended up 4 cars wide going towards the hairpin. Fortunately wasn't a major setback, and I then picked off Cyber and, a few laps later, Ratty. It was largely uneventful after that until PJ hit the wall and ended up right in front of me, although I couldn't get close enough to pass. 4th

Good to be back racing again.
0x

blairy20
Name: Liam Blair
Car No: 11
Team: The N Teams
Steam ID: blairy20
Twitter: l3lairdog

Postby blairy20 » 03 Oct 2013, 11:02

Wasn't expecting such a fun night of racing

Race 1 - started at the back with Shouty. Stayed at the back for abit to see if I could pick up some places through other people tangling. Didn't work. Made some nice overtakes whilst in a group with Kimster, Shouty and Niall I believe. Then managed to get in front of those with Shouty really close behind for plenty of laps, then I started to pull a gap and was happy sitting in third knowing I couldn't catch Flob but able to keep the gap to Shouty.

Race 2 - lucked into pole but the rest of the race was so much fun trying to keep Smiff behind. The gap would open and close, open and close. Eventually got close to the end with around a 200ft gap and came across Niall. Was hoping I wouldn't have to pass him, but caught him quickly on one lap and Smiff got the gap down to ~40ft and a tap. Managed to prevail. Ecstatic with that.

Oh and when I say fun, I mean intense. ;)
0x

pyjames91
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: James Price-Harper
Car No: 78
Team: The N Teams
Steam ID: pyjames91
Twitter: pyjames91

Postby pyjames91 » 03 Oct 2013, 12:07

I had a pretty poor night all round myself. Couldn't get a rhythm at all and my shocking start in the first race kinda set a tone. I just don't get this circuit :cry:

Even though i said it a few times, i'm sorry to niall again for harassing him on the track all night. I seemed to be magnetised towards his car all night. Sorry man
0x

TommyWTF1
Original 8
Car No: 33
Team: The Indypendables
Steam ID: TommyWTF1
Twitter: TommyWTF1

Postby TommyWTF1 » 03 Oct 2013, 16:29

Learned the wrong tracks, couldn't set the car up and was just wanting to play GTA.

Had a surprisingly fun night though! First race especially was brilliant with Matt.
0x

Mr Flobadob
Name: Lee Harrison
Car No: 7
Team: The Offenders
Twitter: therealmrflob

Postby Mr Flobadob » 03 Oct 2013, 17:13

Strugging with the dreaded man flu this week. Added to me generally not being good at Iberia I expected a shit couple of results. I was wrong.

Race 1

Started mid-grid and had a decent first lap or so to move into second. By then Smifaye had a built a bit of a gap but during the first few laps I managed to close the gap and got to within 50m (my HUD's still on metric from GEARS). After that Smifaye eased away slightly. Then it was quite static as we were both very consistent and had pulled out a big gap to the rest. Then as the race wore on I tired and dropped back into a very comfortable second. Great result for me.

Race 2

Got into 4th. Stayed there all race several seconds off the top 3 who were in a league of their own.
0x

RaceProUK
Name: Dave Morley
Car No: 149
Team: Red Scarf Racing
Wiki Page: RaceProUK
Steam ID: RaceProUK
Twitter: RaceProUK

Postby RaceProUK » 03 Oct 2013, 19:51

Almost didn't make this video, but I did anyway. The music just doesn't suit, but that's what I get for picking seven tracks from Sonic Colours :)
0x

D0n M4730

Postby D0n M4730 » 03 Oct 2013, 21:31

Does anyone have the lobby 1 replays for this week and last week? Either on their storefront or available to send to me?
0x

nOc75
Name: Niall O'Connell
Car No: 75
Team: Westlander, PSP

Postby nOc75 » 04 Oct 2013, 09:54

D0n M4730 wrote:Does anyone have the lobby 1 replays for this week and last week? Either on their storefront or available to send to me?

Umm, how about I actually take some pics fora a change ;)
0x

D0n M4730

Postby D0n M4730 » 04 Oct 2013, 11:53

nOc75 wrote:
D0n M4730 wrote:Does anyone have the lobby 1 replays for this week and last week? Either on their storefront or available to send to me?

Umm, how about I actually take some pics fora a change ;)

Sure thing, go for it! :)
0x

PJTierney
Name: PJ Tierney
Car No: 45
Team: Goteki House
Wiki Page: PJ
Twitter: @PJ_Tierney

Postby PJTierney » 06 Oct 2013, 10:14

It feels good to have proper Internet again :)

Pre-Race:
    My broadband was activated on Race Day; so I spent a half hour or so setting it up.

Hopped online for 2-3 races to test for lag (there was none) before Test Driving for 5 laps to get a Tune going.

Race 1:
    Started near the front and had a few skittish corners before I figured out how the car handled under braking.

When things settled down I was in 2nd, just behind Alex. We escaped the rest of the field and essentially had this for 20 laps. I finally had an opportunity on the last lap and snuck past when Alex went wide near the end.

It was a great chase all the way though :)

Race 2:
    Started at the back and made my way through the field in the early laps. By the time things had settled down I was too far behind Alex to chase him for the win and had to deal with Tommy instead.

We had quite the epic battle; so many outrageous moves, both of us playing chicken with the wall and each other at times. It all ended though when i pushed that little bit too hard and smashed into the wall, so I had to settle for 3rd in Lobby.
0x

PJ Tierney
| Social Media Manager at Codemasters

Lotus Elise Anniversary Series - Drivers' & Teams' Champion
Mega GT World Tour - Drivers' & Teams' Champion
Miata Masters - Drivers' Champion
GT Super Sprint Series - Teams' Champion

299 Race Event Starts | 3 Drivers' Championships | 3 Teams' Championships | 2 Special Event Wins | 33 Race Event Wins | 11 Rally Stage Wins

Twitter | YouTube | Twitch

RaceProUK

Postby RaceProUK » 31 Oct 2013, 14:51

Anyone have Rat's time for the first race? It's the only gap missing.
0x

HFG Ben
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Ben Haddleton
Car No: 777
Team: Firecruiser Racing Team
Wiki Page: Covamalia
Steam ID: HFGBen
Twitter: @bmgh85

Postby HFG Ben » 31 Oct 2013, 15:44

Was this the week where he crossed the line and then disconnected so showed up as DNF? Think it might be. If so, its a replay checking jobbie.
0x

Ratonedge
Car No: 5
Team: ATTK Motorsport - NMR

Postby Ratonedge » 01 Nov 2013, 19:33

Yeah, it's been tweeted by ATTK and retweeted by RlyR so check the twitter
0x
Covamalia wrote:
Who do you see as your main rivals?
Ratboy, who will be going very fast but slowly.

Ratonedge wrote:also I am never racing Sedona again. fucking god awful abomination of a place

RaceProUK

Postby RaceProUK » 04 Nov 2013, 10:34

Ratonedge wrote:Yeah, it's been tweeted by ATTK and retweeted by RlyR so check the twitter

Done and updated :)
0x