Name: Björn Golda
Car No: 10
Team: aureus motorsport
Wiki Page: Shaxberd
Steam ID: shaxberd
Twitter: shaxberd

RPi Challenge Round 5 - Mugello

Postby shaxberd » 14 Feb 2021, 21:20

..and on to the second half of the season we go! It's off to Italy, for Mugello awaits us this Sunday, 21st February 2021. Hopefully we'll make a better rolling start than.. other series.

Approximate Schedule (all times GMT)
19:00 - Practice, 30 minutes
19:30 - Qualifying, 10 minutes, private superpole
19:45 - Warm up, 10 minutes
19:50 - Race, 60 minutes

Weather Forecast for Scarperia, Italy.

You will need the MetalMoro AJR 18 car along with the Realish livery/BoP pack and the Mugello track

IRL

Please post below whether you are planning to race.
0x
Have you ever had a dream that you, um, you had, your, you, you could, you’ll do, you, you wants, you, you could do so, you , you’ll do, you could, you, you want, you want them, to do you so much, you could do anything?

craighypheno
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Craig Woollard
Car No: 86
Team: ByCraig Racing
Wiki Page: craighypheno

Re: RPi Challenge Round 5 - Mugello

Postby craighypheno » 14 Feb 2021, 22:01

OH GOD YES.
0x
Resident Jackbox host and shitposter. Now retired more than Nigel Mansell.

ajokay
Original Boss
Name: Alex Odell
Car No: 23
Team: POWA
Steam ID: ajokay
Twitter: ajokay85

Postby ajokay » 15 Feb 2021, 11:49

Si
0x
Have fun.

camp_bell
Blue Flag Media Team
Name: Campbell Wallis
Car No: 64
Team: Kaibutsu Racing
Steam ID: camp_bell
Twitter: camp__bell

Postby camp_bell » 15 Feb 2021, 13:49

2x
"Out upon Merry Christmas! If I had my will, every idiot who goes about with "You should use driver aids" on his lips should be boiled with his own pudding. He should!" - Me in the Realish Christmas Carol 2020

camp_bell
Blue Flag Media Team

Postby camp_bell » 19 Feb 2021, 14:13

Mugello Stewarding Post

Pit Entry: On the right after the final corner.
Pit Exit: Rejoin on the right on the main straight. Respect the blend line.

Formation Lap form up: Before the Biondetti chicane

Track Notes
Be careful at the start. It's a very long run to turn 1 and it's possible to go 2-wide through the first corner, but the line narrows for the next chicane. Be aware that you might have someone alongside you and only move across the track if you're sure it's clear.

Due to the nature of this track, lapping may be difficult. Remember that backmarkers have the right to run their own race but should move over when it is reasonable to do so. Try to be patient and remember that traffic doesn't only affect you.

Some cars may be going significantly faster or slower than you through the many fast corners at various points in the race (due to fuel weight, tyre wear, damage, etc), so try not to cause an accident with a significantly faster or slower car.

Track limits should be less of an issue here but it is possible to extend many of the corner exits. Remember to keep two wheels within the white lines at all times plese.

Event notes
Remember you will be 2-wide at the start and you should leave space accordingly. Be careful at the start and only move across the track if you're sure it's clear to do so.

These are not touring cars and they do not tolerate damage well. As such, you should avoid making any contact with other cars.

We will review lap 1 of each race as well as any incident reports. Please report incidents to @camp_bell or @Lemm314 on this forum or Discord by 19:00 UK time on Tuesday, 23rd February 2021.
0x
"Out upon Merry Christmas! If I had my will, every idiot who goes about with "You should use driver aids" on his lips should be boiled with his own pudding. He should!" - Me in the Realish Christmas Carol 2020

AshMcConnell
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Ash McConnell
Steam ID: AshMcConnell
Twitter: AshMcConnell

Postby AshMcConnell » 20 Feb 2021, 11:06

In!
0x

fjordnet
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Scott Søvik
Car No: 58
Steam ID: Fjordnett+
Twitter: @ScottSovik

Postby fjordnet » 20 Feb 2021, 23:35

Out.

In! Wheel isn't malfunctioning :D
2x
"You make Sam Hill sound English" - Kyran

Season 29 champion, Season 27 3rd

Formula E(EEEEEEE) Race at Home Challenge qualifier

cosmo
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Cosmo Marsh
Car No: 2
Team: Cosmo PowerWorks
Twitter: c0s_mo

Postby cosmo » 21 Feb 2021, 20:26

P7 in quali only to throw it up the wall in the race.

GG me.
0x
I wanted squishes and everyone complied, just not in the intended manner.
- Me, post-RRTCC4 R6, 02/08/2020

She/they | Cosmo PowerWorks team owner | ISIMotor modding enthusiast | Full-time transfemme enby disaster | Best Livery winner 2019 for this sexy beast | Inaugural and reigning Realish Racing poker champion | Won a race that one time

craighypheno
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Craig Woollard
Car No: 86
Team: ByCraig Racing
Wiki Page: craighypheno

Postby craighypheno » 21 Feb 2021, 21:16

I know these cars are divisive, but I am absolutely loving the challenge of them. That was one of the greatest races I have had and one of the best races I have driven in years.

Quali: was ever so slightly conservative, which cost me a crucial P7 to a brilliant effort by @cosmo. It was clean af though. P8.

Race: Strategy: one-stop, no tyre change

Had to avoid a spinning @lazaros18 at the start, and out forced down a few spots because of straight-line speed. Realised that I was behind @AshMcConnell who I knew would be pitting early, so held back a bit. Was in a tasty sandwich with @Arwyn and @Blex which I was slightly worried about as I didn't want to take too much out of my tyres. Once Arwyn had her off, I was able to preserve the tyres perhaps a little bit too much. I opted to stop early in an attempt to undercut, which failed. Regardless, I suspected I had better consistency than Fraser, and felt that any mistake was an opportunity. It came, and I hung it around the outside of San Donato, which gave me the inside for T2, which I went for. Both Fraser and I locked up, but I was still able to make the corner safely while Fraser ended up in the gravel. After that, it was just a case of consolidating P6, which I am absolutely stoked about.
1x
Resident Jackbox host and shitposter. Now retired more than Nigel Mansell.

camp_bell
Blue Flag Media Team

Postby camp_bell » 21 Feb 2021, 21:18

Thanks @Arwyn for sharing your setup in practice. I've been all at sea with suspension settings all season so it was good to get some solid pointers. It made me vaguely competitive in the midfield.

Quali
Did an OK lap considering my lack of running on the setup for 13th.

Race
Booped a backwards @lazaros18 in turn 1 and had a great side-by-side with @ajokay in the opening laps. I then got stuck behind @sin_racing in another V10 and tried a silly impatient move in turn 4 which spun us both.

Managed to double stint the tyres and I was catching @shaxberd after the pit stops but two spins in one lap towards the end cost me any chance of catching him. 11th for the secondthird race in a row.

A bit frustrating as without a couple of critical mistakes I could have been in the points (I don't think I could have caught Alex though). Amazing track though, I enjoyed every lap despite everything.
0x

Boovolari
Original 8
Name: Pete Walker
Car No: 71

Postby Boovolari » 21 Feb 2021, 22:28

Very happy with 12th in qualifying having only turned in my first laps an hour before practice.

Dropped to 17th at the start getting held up behind a sideways @lazaros18 in T1 and set about gaining those places back. Had great fun in the @sin_racing / @ajokay / @shaxberd / @MrRandom287 cluster, all nose to tail, side by stuff with some great dices with Bjorn and Matt.

I pitted at mid distance and shortly found myself behind @Shinobi as he emerged from the pits. I guess he didn't change tyres and I was caught out by him being slower through Arrabbiata than I expected, tagging his rear. Even so, I was too keen not to lose time on fresh rubber and should have been more patient. Sorry Martin.

Could have continued after that but... .yeah
1x

Arwyn
Name: Arwyn Brock
Car No: 99
Team: Also-Ran Motorsports
Steam ID: ArwynDu
Twitter: Pupperpotamus

Postby Arwyn » 21 Feb 2021, 22:49

Well, that race was bittersweet

Firstly, i'm glad everyone appreciated my suspension tweaks! I really gave it a lot of thought and got the car into a place I was happy. I managed to turn the judd from a tire smoker into something that could realisticly single stint softs

Quali:
Absurdly fucking fast. My high DF setup made me fastest judd and got me into 10th, which felt like an amazing result for a car that didn't favour the track

Race:
I made 1 mistake. I went from 8th to 20th. the accident (which cost me a wing) and the limp home cost over 2 minutes, putting me 2 laps down. The lap and pitstop was an eyewatering 4:06

Had I avoided the accident i'dve comfortably kept my position. It's frustrating AF.

I did get to enjoy some fun battles unlapping myself, but never got a chance to fight directly for position.

Ah well, i'll get there eventually. maybe.

Either way mugello is a bunch of fun and despite being an awful result I had fun for the entire race.

Just wish that I'd been more careful. I had points in the bag.

P.14
Last edited by Arwyn on 21 Feb 2021, 22:53, edited 2 times in total.
0x

Shinobi
Name: Martin Fernandez
Steam ID: Shinobi

Postby Shinobi » 21 Feb 2021, 22:51

Boovolari wrote:I pitted at mid distance and shortly found myself behind @Shinobi as he emerged from the pits. I guess he didn't change tyres and I was caught out by him being slower through Arrabbiata than I expected, tagging his rear. Even so, I was too keen not to lose time on fresh rubber and should have been more patient. Sorry Martin.

Could have continued after that but... .yeah

Yeah, old, cold tires. I think it was mostly the cold part and also that I wasn't the fastest through that bit today, so that made me take it easier on my outlap until everything got heated up, felt it was reasonable enough though.
0x

Goobertson
Name: Mike Bell
Car No: 32
Team: Smile Power Racing
Wiki Page: Mike_Bell
Steam ID: Goobertson
Twitter: mkbmikebell

Postby Goobertson » 22 Feb 2021, 10:49

Another Poo Qually lap by my standards, atleast it was good enough for P4 this time.

Made it around the outside and into P2 in turn 1 before setting off after Joe, had another fantastic back and forth before the pitstops. Managed to screw up the fuel maths and came out behind and was starting to think that the race for the win was done before Joe had a wheel reset, complete bummer, you 100% had that race :( .

Settled back into a rhythm as Dan was catching me up, and Tom on fresh tyres was taking chunks out of us both, 3 cars into T1 on the final lap together was pretty intense. Tried something in the final corner of the race, but it didn't pay off and lost the race and the championship lead by 0.014 :(

Pretty insane season thus far and I don't see that changing :)
0x
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
2016 Rookie of the year - 2016 Battle of the year
2017 Driver of the year - 2017 Battle of the year
2018 Super 7 Series Winner - 2018 Lost Souls Award Winner
2020 Driver of the year
The imfanous Majic Mike 'Belltrain' Bell

ajokay
Original Boss
Name: Alex Odell
Car No: 23
Steam ID: ajokay
Twitter: ajokay85

Postby ajokay » 22 Feb 2021, 17:45

having been rather off the pace even up so far as qualifying, I wasn't expecting too much.

I made some "setup" "changes" which made everything a little more stable and a little more slidey but of the controllable kind.
And apparently it worked because fron 17th on the grid I was 13th out of turn 1, and then proceeded to catch the car in front of me, overtake them, catch up to the car in front, and then repeat. Had a wonderful first half of the race sharing the same track as @sin_racing, @camp_bell, @shaxberd, @Boovolari, @MrRandom287, and @Arwyn and @cosmo briefly too.

Think I was running 6th by the time I pitted. Nailed the pit stop for the first time this season, and then carried on to try and catch @Blex.
Having made no mistakes up until that point, the final 10 minutes saw me having a silly quarter spin at turn 2, followed by running through the gravel and up against the tyre wall through the two fast right-handers a lap later, losing my 8th place to Matt, which I regained a lap later.

8th. Loved it until I fucked it. lol.
0x
Have fun.

camp_bell
Blue Flag Media Team

Postby camp_bell » 03 Mar 2021, 21:30

Drivers Involved: @Shinobi (#123), @Westbeef (#12)
Event/Race: RPIC2 R5 Mugello
Timestamp: 32:50
Short Description: Ryan makes slight rear-end contact with Martin, causing both to spin.
Verdict: NO ACTION
Comment: The contact was very minor and Ryan deliberately waited.

Drivers Involved: @Shinobi (#123), @Boovolari (#71)
Timestamp: 18:45
Short Description: Pete rear-ends Martin at the Arabbiata
Verdict: WARNING for Pete
Comment: While Martin was moving more slowly than normal, the contact was clumsy and a warning was felt to be appropriate.

Served penalties

Drivers Involved: @AshMcConnell (#16)
Short Description: Drive through penalty served

Track Limits
We have reviewed everyone's qualifying laps. Penalties for cutting the track and/or extending the track limits are as follows:

1 cut - 3 place grid drop
2 cuts - 6 place grid drop
3 cuts - 10 place grid drop
4+ cuts - back of grid

1 cut
@sin_racing (Turn 3 exit)
@Not Joseph (Turn 3 exit)
@fjordnet (Turn 3 exit)
@Shinobi (Turn 11 exit)
@Boovolari (Turn 3 exit)

2 cuts
@Arwyn (Turn 3 exit, Turn 7 exit)
@AshMcConnell (Turn 3 exit, Turn 8 exit)

@shaxberd and @Westbeef abandoned their laps and @MrRandom287 started from the pitlane, so no penalty is applied for these drivers.

Grid penalties will be applied at your next main season race.

Please message @camp_bell or @shaxberd if you wish to appeal a verdict.
1x