Name: Björn Golda
Car No: 10
Team: aureus motorsport
Wiki Page: Shaxberd
Steam ID: shaxberd
Twitter: shaxberd

RPi Challenge Round 3 - Aragon Motorland

Postby shaxberd » 02 Feb 2021, 14:38

The third round of the Realish Prototype International Challenge 2 is upon us this Sunday, 7th February 2021! With Portugal down, we'll hop over the border and head for the dusty plains of Aragon for there is a whole (motor)land waiting for us.

Approximate Schedule (all times GMT)
19:00 - Practice, 30 minutes
19:30 - Qualifying, 10 minutes, private superpole
19:45 - Warm up, 5 minutes
19:50 - Race, 60 minutes

Weather Forecast for Alcaniz, Spain.

You will need the MetalMoro AJR 18 car along with the Realish livery/BoP pack and the Aragon track (courtesy of GPVWC, thanks @Chris Williamson!)

IRL

Please post below whether you are planning to race.
0x
Have you ever had a dream that you, um, you had, your, you, you could, you’ll do, you, you wants, you, you could do so, you , you’ll do, you could, you, you want, you want them, to do you so much, you could do anything?

craighypheno
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Craig Woollard
Car No: 86
Team: ByCraig Racing
Wiki Page: craighypheno

Re: RPi Challenge Round 3 - Aragon Motorland

Postby craighypheno » 02 Feb 2021, 17:08

Yes
0x
Resident Jackbox host and shitposter. Now retired more than Nigel Mansell.

PaulDillon
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Paul Dillon
Car No: 77
Steam ID: Scrutti77

Postby PaulDillon » 02 Feb 2021, 17:43

I'm in
0x

Arwyn
Name: Arwyn Brock
Car No: 99
Team: Also-Ran Motorsports
Steam ID: ArwynDu
Twitter: Pupperpotamus

Postby Arwyn » 03 Feb 2021, 18:17

In!

Also, do not use the motorbike layout for the last corner lest you incur the wrath of wallis
0x

AshMcConnell
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Ash McConnell
Steam ID: AshMcConnell
Twitter: AshMcConnell

Postby AshMcConnell » 04 Feb 2021, 19:05

In!
0x

camp_bell
Blue Flag Media Team
Name: Campbell Wallis
Car No: 64
Team: Kaibutsu Racing
Steam ID: camp_bell
Twitter: camp__bell

Postby camp_bell » 07 Feb 2021, 13:25

Motorland Aragon Stewarding Post

Pit Entry: On the left after the final corner
Pit Exit: Rejoin on the outside of Turn 2, don't cut across to the inside unless it is clear to do so.

Formation Lap Form Up: Immediately after the hairpin at Turn 16

Track Notes
It's possible to cut or extend basically every corner. Don't do it, we will be checking. Remember to keep two wheels within the track limits (denoted by the white line) and that kerbs are not on the track.

Please, please be careful at the start. This is a less nasty first corner but remember there will be many cars around you, some of which will have more or less straightline speed than you do. Let's try and have a clean start this time.

Event Notes
Remember you will be 2-wide at the start and you should leave space accordingly. Be careful at the start and only move across the track if you're sure it's clear to do so. It's a cliche to say but you can't win the race at the start but you can certainly lose it.

These are not touring cars and they do not tolerate damage well. As such, you should avoid making any contact with other cars.

We will review lap 1 of each race as well as any incident reports. Please report incidents to @camp_bell or @Lemm314 on this forum or Discord by 19:00 UK time on Tuesday, 9th February 2021.
0x
"Out upon Merry Christmas! If I had my will, every idiot who goes about with "You should use driver aids" on his lips should be boiled with his own pudding. He should!" - Me in the Realish Christmas Carol 2020

nea
Name: Neil Sheard
Car No: 145
Steam ID: nea102
Twitter: _nea102_

Postby nea » 07 Feb 2021, 13:41

My parents live in Spain.
0x

shaxberd
Pleb Club Gold Member

Postby shaxberd » 07 Feb 2021, 17:55

camp_bell wrote:Formation Lap Form Up: Immediately after the hairpin at Turn 16

As you lot can't be trusted To make for a safer and easier to handle starting procedure, we've just tested an alternative way and will opt to cut through the moto layout going off the back straight (to the left) on the formation lap. Forming up before that, this feeds us onto S/F far smoother.
Whoever is in pole will need to let the SC get away a fair bit for that, but we'll have another practice start to make sure everyone's on the same page :)
1x
Have you ever had a dream that you, um, you had, your, you, you could, you’ll do, you, you wants, you, you could do so, you , you’ll do, you could, you, you want, you want them, to do you so much, you could do anything?

Boovolari
Original 8
Name: Pete Walker
Car No: 71
Team: POWA

Postby Boovolari » 07 Feb 2021, 20:31

Got rear ended very early and picked up damage all round. Was happy to fight on over last place but once the deg came in I had zero grip and couldn't keep on top of the car. Called it a day after spinning about five times.

Another fun track :)
0x

shaxberd
Pleb Club Gold Member

Postby shaxberd » 07 Feb 2021, 21:11

That was a welcome surprise and immensely fun, Aragon managed to revived these cars for me for now it seems, hopefully a new rF2 lease of life for at least another 6 races. Qualified an okay.. 8th, I wanna say, and with the T1 shenanigans, found myself up in P6 during the first lap.
Didn't have much against @Lemm314 and @nea, although I tried to hang with the latter while keeping an eye out behind with @sin_racing trailing at about 3-4s throughout the first stint.
Pitting felt really fast, and bar the pre-pit @camp_bell, I didn't lose any time at all I think - turned out I jumped Neil actually, and while he and @TomParker were pushing towards the end, I managed to keep P8 after having to let @fjordnet by eventually - good stuff, great lapping fun.
1x

camp_bell
Blue Flag Media Team

Postby camp_bell » 07 Feb 2021, 21:13

Quali
Superpole seems to be suiting me this season. 11th before penalties.

Race
Avoided the incidents off the start, then had a bad few corners at the end of the first lap and lost a couple of positions. Settled in behind @jims709 before his crash but I annoying made mistakes when @fjordnet and @TomParker appeared on their way back through.

Came out ahead of @sin_racing in 11th after the pit stop and managed to keep him at arm's length while hoping for something to happen ahead but it didn't. Oh well, the points scoring run had to end at some point.
0x
"Out upon Merry Christmas! If I had my will, every idiot who goes about with "You should use driver aids" on his lips should be boiled with his own pudding. He should!" - Me in the Realish Christmas Carol 2020

craighypheno
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Craig Woollard
Car No: 86
Team: ByCraig Racing
Wiki Page: craighypheno

Postby craighypheno » 07 Feb 2021, 21:14

Was not 100% today as I'm not in a good way and that is frustrating given how good the pace was. This track is a proper cracker.

Quali: had a definite track cut on what was turning out to be a sub-par lap and then another that I spotted on the replay. Backed off after the first cut and also had a slow run to the line and I hope that is sufficient. P21.

Practice start: Got divebombed by someone into T1 and was caught up in some other bullshit. After that I decided to do a pitlane start.

Race: I missed the grid anyway as I went to throw up. Avoided the first lap bullshit and started gaining some places. Had a spin which was a bit unfortunate while battling @Westbeef but remarkably that was the one full rotation I had in that race. @fjordnet's setup was exceedingly stable. Capitalised on mistakes and collisions for others (while also having some minor contact with @Chris Williamson during an off for him) and just put laps in. Was closing back in on a heavily wounded @lazaros18 but had a half spin on the final lap while pushing. Was worth a go. P14.
0x
Resident Jackbox host and shitposter. Now retired more than Nigel Mansell.

AshMcConnell
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Ash McConnell
Steam ID: AshMcConnell
Twitter: AshMcConnell

Postby AshMcConnell » 07 Feb 2021, 21:17

Boovolari wrote:Got rear ended very early and picked up damage all round. Was happy to fight on over last place but once the deg came in I had zero grip and couldn't keep on top of the car. Called it a day after spinning about five times.

Sorry if that was me Pete, I tagged someone on the first lap. I was pretty sure I had avoided you both sideways and lengthways, but then your arse was in the air :(.

I dropped to the back to let everyone passed, but the damage was obviously done :/
0x

KernowekPand
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Kyran Parkin
Car No: 93
Team: UPA/Fury
Wiki Page: Kyran Parkin
Steam ID: KJP93
Twitter: KJP93

Postby KernowekPand » 07 Feb 2021, 21:21

Never found any sort of confidence around here. Few nice side-by-sides with @MrRandom287 after I spun. Otherwise an extremely whelming race. Nothing else positive to say.
0x
KJP93 wrote:Wait, how the fuck am I more sunburnt than you?! You're Scottish! This is bullshit!
8x Realish Champ [5x Seasonal, 3x GEARS] | Crash of the Year 2017 | Driver of the Year 2018/2019 | UPA Boss | Livery Creator | Realish Stewarding Team

fjordnet
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Scott Søvik
Car No: 58
Steam ID: Fjordnett+
Twitter: @ScottSovik

Postby fjordnet » 07 Feb 2021, 21:52

Q: I'd punch myself in the throat if I wasn't already myself. 4 cuts = BOG anyway, so removed lap time.

R: Both Murasakis from the PL, avoiding the T1 havoc, although the 4 wide going into the hairpin and spun on the brakes as a reaction to @TomParker also avoiding contact, however no harm, no foul and went on my way. Had the Tropicos after a few laps ahead of me, though managed to get past due to spins. Chased down @camp_bell for what ended up P10, got past as quickly as I could, before going for @sin_racing and @shaxberd before my pit-stop. Fast pit plus last stall equalled me gaining 4 seconds on Björn, before doing my best to pass the damn Judd with more downforce than Portimão. Got P7, but @Lemm314 and @MrRandom287 were way ahead in the end and I had no chance to get them.
1x
"You make Sam Hill sound English" - Kyran

Season 29 champion, Season 27 3rd

Formula E(EEEEEEE) Race at Home Challenge qualifier

Goobertson
Name: Mike Bell
Car No: 32
Team: Smile Power Racing
Wiki Page: Mike_Bell
Steam ID: Goobertson
Twitter: mkbmikebell

Postby Goobertson » 08 Feb 2021, 05:03

That was one of the hardest races I've had in a long time.

Blew Qually completely, +1.2 seconds from practice time, some was the track but still, P7.

Up to P6 after Scott's penance and then up to P3 by making a clean getaway and through T1. Then spent the entire race on pretty much full beans to catch and pass Dan, then catch Joe. Made a move into the hairpin which didn't work out, then made another into T1 and unfortunately Joe lost it :( Was a great race up until though :) Not so much battling but just hard driving. Took the lead and eventual win with 2 laps to go, and mega happy with it :)
0x
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
2016 Rookie of the year - 2016 Battle of the year
2017 Driver of the year - 2017 Battle of the year
2018 Super 7 Series Winner - 2018 Lost Souls Award Winner
2020 Driver of the year
The imfanous Majic Mike 'Belltrain' Bell

Boovolari
Original 8
Name: Pete Walker
Car No: 71

Postby Boovolari » 08 Feb 2021, 10:40

AshMcConnell wrote:
Boovolari wrote:Got rear ended very early and picked up damage all round. Was happy to fight on over last place but once the deg came in I had zero grip and couldn't keep on top of the car. Called it a day after spinning about five times.

Sorry if that was me Pete, I tagged someone on the first lap. I was pretty sure I had avoided you both sideways and lengthways, but then your arse was in the air :(.

I dropped to the back to let everyone passed, but the damage was obviously done :/

All good dude, I was dog slow here anyway :)
1x

camp_bell
Blue Flag Media Team

Postby camp_bell » 11 Feb 2021, 21:34

Drivers Involved: @Not Joseph (#46), @TomParker (#63)
Event/Race: RPiC2 Aragon
Timestamp: 4:12
Short Description: Joe turns in on Tom, causing Tom to spin and causing a larger collision. Joe doesn't wait.
Verdict: REPRIMAND for Joe
Comment: Tom was more than alongside enough to be due space on the inside. Reprimand as Joe didn't wait.

Drivers Involved: @Shinobi (#123), @Blex (#56)
Timestamp: 4:13
Short Description: Martin rear-ends Fraser at Turn 1, causing Fraser to spin. Martin waits.
Verdict: WARNING for Martin
Comment: Please be more careful in turn 1.

Drivers Involved: @AshMcConnell (#16), @Westbeef (#12), @Boovolari (#71)
Timestamp: 4:33
Short Description: Ash rear-ends Ryan into Pete
Verdict: WARNING for Ash
Comment: Please be more careful on lap 1. Ash let Ryan back through but not Pete, however he did let several cars through so we suspect this was a case of mistaken identity and have given him the benefit of the doubt.

Drivers Involved: @Blex (#56), @PaulDillon (#77)
Timestamp: 7:50
Short Description: Fraser and Paul make contact at the hairpin
Verdict: NO ACTION
Comment: Fraser was a long way back at corner entry and Paul was entitled to take the line.

Drivers Involved: @Blex (#56), @Boovolari (#71)
Timestamp: 15:54
Short Description: Pete attempts to overtake Fraser but spins on the kerb, spinning both cars.
Verdict: NO ACTION
Comment: Neither driver did anything wrong here and this incident was just bad luck.

Please message @camp_bell or @shaxberd if you wish to appeal a verdict.

Track limit checks will follow in due course.
1x

camp_bell
Blue Flag Media Team

Postby camp_bell » 13 Feb 2021, 18:33

Track Limits
We have reviewed everyone's qualifying laps. Penalties for cutting the track and/or extending the track limits are as follows:

1 cut - 3 place grid drop
2 cuts - 6 place grid drop
3 cuts - 10 place grid drop
4+ cuts - back of grid

1 cut
@Goobertson (Turn 12 apex)
@KJP93 (Turn 15 exit)
@ajokay (Turn 12 apex)

2 cuts
@Westbeef (Turn 12 apex, Turn 15 exit)

@craighypheno and @fjordnet had cuts recorded but both started from the pitlane, so no penalty is applied.

Grid penalties will be applied at your next main season race.

In addition, there was an omission from the stewarding post above. As @Shinobi received a reprimand and a warning within the last 4 rounds, he will need to serve a DRIVE THROUGH PENALTY at the next round. Apologies for any confusion.

Edit: @AshMcConnell has also picked up a DRIVE THROUGH PENALTY (thanks @Lemm314 for pointing that out) after receiving a reprimand and a warning within the last 4 rounds.
1x

ajokay
Original Boss
Name: Alex Odell
Car No: 23
Steam ID: ajokay
Twitter: ajokay85

Postby ajokay » 14 Feb 2021, 09:42

Lol. Did I? Ok then.
0x
Have fun.