Name: Björn Golda
Car No: 10
Team: aureus motorsport
Wiki Page: Shaxberd
Steam ID: shaxberd
Twitter: shaxberd

Mega GEARS VII - Istanbul 300

Postby shaxberd » 10 Aug 2020, 11:06

Welcome to MEARS' Turkish round, for which we are racing around a car park the Istanbul Park Circuit track, doing so this Sunday, 16th August 2020!

All times are BST
  • Practice - 60 minutes, all cars on track, beginning at 18:00.
  • Qualifying - 30 minutes, all cars on track, beginning at 19:00.
  • Warmup - 10 minutes for setup finalisation, refuelling, and bathroom breaks, beginning at 19:30.
  • Race - 58 laps/2 hrs with a formation lap, followed by a rolling start, beginning at about 19:40.

Track Workshop

Real Life Lap

[center]Stewarding Post
Coming up

Statistics
Available over at the live timing
0x
Have you ever had a dream that you, um, you had, your, you, you could, you’ll do, you, you wants, you, you could do so, you , you’ll do, you could, you, you want, you want them, to do you so much, you could do anything?

KernowekPand
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Kyran Parkin
Car No: 93
Team: UPA/Fury
Wiki Page: Kyran Parkin
Steam ID: KJP93
Twitter: KJP93

Re: Mega GEARS VII - Istanbul 300

Postby KernowekPand » 10 Aug 2020, 11:24

Allow me to make it interesting!

Out.
0x
KJP93 wrote:Wait, how the fuck am I more sunburnt than you?! You're Scottish! This is bullshit!
8x Realish Champ [5x Seasonal, 3x GEARS] | Crash of the Year 2017 | Driver of the Year 2018/2019 | UPA Boss | Livery Creator | Realish Stewarding Team

craighypheno
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Craig Woollard
Car No: 86
Team: ByCraig Racing
Wiki Page: craighypheno

Postby craighypheno » 10 Aug 2020, 12:54

Allow me to not make it interesting!

In.
0x
Resident Jackbox host and shitposter. Now retired more than Nigel Mansell.

Boovolari
Original 8
Name: Pete Walker
Car No: 71
Team: POWA

Postby Boovolari » 10 Aug 2020, 15:39

Interest me in being allowed.

In.

Family commitments. Oot.
1x

Lemm314
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: April Carlsvard
Car No: 314
Team: Fury
Wiki Page: lemming77
Steam ID: lemm314
Twitter: Lemm314

Postby Lemm314 » 11 Aug 2020, 09:17

Interesting how interest has interested. Indubitably intrigueing!
0x
"April... You absolute bitch" - Neil 15/09/2017

nea
Name: Neil Sheard
Car No: 145
Steam ID: nea102
Twitter: _nea102_

Postby nea » 13 Aug 2020, 22:02

INstanbul.
0x

camp_bell
Blue Flag Media Team
Name: Campbell Wallis
Car No: 64
Team: Kaibutsu Racing
Steam ID: camp_bell
Twitter: camp__bell

Postby camp_bell » 14 Aug 2020, 22:33

Istanbul Stewarding Post

Pit Entry: On the left before the final corner.
Pit Exit: On the left on the outside of turn 2. Respect the blend line on pit exit.

Track Notes
Please be careful into Turn 1, Turn 9 and Turn 12 on the first lap. These are all big braking zones and your brakes will be cold. Be prepared to brake earlier than you would expect in the early laps.

This is a Tilkedrome so there are places where you can gain time by exploiting track limits. Please keep two wheels on the track (denoted by the white lines) at all times. Remember that the kerbs are not part of the track. If you do inadvertently cut the track, ensure you back off and lose time relative to if you had taken the corner normally.

Especially in the first sector and through turn 8, you may encounter cars going significantly faster or slower than you at various times. Please be patient and don't attempt any silly or rash moves on slower cars.

Event notes
This event uses a rolling start. Proceed in single file behind the safety car. Form up on the straight before turn 12 and the leader then sets the pace to let the safety car reach the pits. When the game gives the Green Flag command, you are free to race.

This is a long race and there will be mistakes. If you survive all 58 laps, you will have a very real chance of points. Likewise, even if you do have a crash, you can still finish the race and get points even with a pit stop to repair damage.

We will review lap 1 of the race as well as any incident reports. Please report incidents to @camp_bell or @Lemm314 on this forum or Discord by 19:00 UK time on Tuesday, 18th August 2020.
0x

craighypheno
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Craig Woollard
Car No: 86
Team: ByCraig Racing
Wiki Page: craighypheno

Postby craighypheno » 16 Aug 2020, 20:47

Quali: Eh. Didn't get a clean run in late on. P11 or whatever it was.

Race: Planned strategy - 1 stop (H-H)

Had a mega first lap and vaulted into P8 and avoided the chaos behind. Was unsure of my strategy throughout, but @nea and @Shinobi not changing tyres really locked me into doing the same, even if they were not in the shape to do so. I didn't really make it work, had five spins, and when I damaged my car for one of them, I pitted for a set of mediums in a vain attempt to try and make the ground back up. Fifth spin was enough for me to give up. In hindsight. M-M was probably the way to go. P11.
0x
Resident Jackbox host and shitposter. Now retired more than Nigel Mansell.

camp_bell
Blue Flag Media Team

Postby camp_bell » 16 Aug 2020, 20:52

Quali
Found pace for 4th which was much more than I expected.

Race
Held my position off the start but a few laps in a small error let @fjordnet through. I couldn't quite live with Scott and April ahead and was coming under increasing pressure from @jims709 behind. After getting mugged, and thinking that wasn't ideal for my race, I lit up the rears and smacked the wall to properly ruin my race. Lost about 15 seconds due to damage as I dithered over whether to try and continue to the pit window before cutting my losses and accepting I'd need a splash and dash.

The second half of the race was fun though. With nothing much to lose, I drove pretty much flat out the whole way with only a couple of spins and finished Craigth.

A shame to lose another potential good result with a silly error as I think I could have beaten Jims on strategy but that how it goes sometimes.
1x

Goobertson
Name: Mike Bell
Car No: 32
Team: Smile Power Racing
Wiki Page: Mike_Bell
Steam ID: Goobertson
Twitter: mkbmikebell

Postby Goobertson » 16 Aug 2020, 20:58

Welp, time to send Schnappiwagen v3 off to retirement.

Had a plan, it got destroyed by Lazaros throwing bollards at me, stupid thing wrecked the splitter and front right suspention, pace was just gone from there. Got into a tangle and picked up more damage so had to pit, went for a new set of mediums to transition to a 2-stop and really found the tyre far more fun. Managed to keep the pace up from there despite a car pulling strongly to the right (even though there was no damage claimed ._. ) and after the 2nd stop managed to pick off a few people and ended 4th with a faster FLap then pole time -_- .

Not gonna be at Okayama so this is Mega Gears done for me now.
0x
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
2016 Rookie of the year - 2016 Battle of the year
2017 Driver of the year - 2017 Battle of the year
2018 Super 7 Series Winner - 2018 Lost Souls Award Winner
2020 Driver of the year
The imfanous Majic Mike 'Belltrain' Bell

''You're the best'' - Neil Heatlie, Discord, 9/7/21

fjordnet
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Scott Søvik
Car No: 58
Steam ID: Fjordnett+
Twitter: @ScottSovik

Postby fjordnet » 16 Aug 2020, 21:33

Q: Couldn't get a proper lap in due to me going against my better knowledge and going with softs over the mediums. P6

R: Decided to go aggressive at the start which got me a place after the first lap, even with a squiggly moment from T4 to T5. Stuck myself behind @camp_bell for a few laps until I pounced on a small error and got past, before chasing down @Lemm314 and @Mike Bell for what would be 2nd. Took 3rd from April with a move down the inside of Turn 8, before letting it slip again later in the lap. After they had an unfortunate clash in the second-to-last corner, I kept P2 and went to chase down @lazaros18, gaining and losing a few tenths here and there to him for the next n laps, before he unfortunately had an incident at the final turn. Got the lead after that, and managed to keep both Lazzy and April behind me up until the stop. Due to April changing tyres, I had to really push with my old set of hards to make sure I could keep up the gap, and I had to push like hell to stop her gaining more than a second a lap on me in the last 20 laps or so. Thought I ran out of tyres with 4 laps to go but somehow I managed to hold on to the lead until the end to take P1!

Tried doing donuts but car said no :C
2x
"You make Sam Hill sound English" - Kyran

Season 29 champion, Season 27 3rd

Formula E(EEEEEEE) Race at Home Challenge qualifier

Shinobi
Name: Martin Fernandez
Steam ID: Shinobi

Postby Shinobi » 17 Aug 2020, 03:04

Q: It was alright, took me a bit to feel confident in the car for whatever reason and couldn't quite match the time I had done in practice like half an hour earlier. Perhaps stepping away to eat just before the session wasn't a good idea. Either way, I wasn't too far off a fair chunk of the pack so I am not unhappy by the time I produced. P9

R: Was commited to making the hards last which proved to perhaps not have been the best strat. Run into some trouble in lap 1 which put quite a few dents in my car and costed me about 10 seconds. My steering was a little bent all race and I had aero damage, which I wonder if that might have translated into laptime a little. Regardless I had a spin short after that which costed me an extra 10 seconds. First stint felt quite solid, the second one started to show more inconsistency as the tires and my concentration went. I was feeling a bit feverish on the later stages which didn't help with that. Think I did an ok job regardless. I do think my race would have been a bit easier without the trouble at the start, but I ran into mistakes of my own as well. Wish I could have brought the fight to Chris and a troubled Campbell but I gave it my best and the car felt better than it had in a while, so I am not unhappy with the overall race. Certainly valuable experience for later. P10
1x

Westbeef
Name: Ryan Eastham
Car No: 12
Team: BEEF Motorsport
Steam ID: Westbeef

Postby Westbeef » 17 Aug 2020, 08:15

Shit race, spent it all on my own and gave up with 10 laps to go. I really need to start improving, racing on my own at the back is a bit shit.
0x

camp_bell
Blue Flag Media Team

Postby camp_bell » 18 Aug 2020, 18:15

Drivers involved: @Shinobi (#19), @Arwyn (#99)
Event/Race: Mega GEARS - Istanbul
Timestamp: 378
Short Description: Arwyn moves across the track and hits Martin twice in a short period, the second contact causing her to spin and hit the pit wall.
Verdict: WARNING for Arwyn
Comment: Please ensure the track is clear before moving across.

If you wish to appeal a verdict, please send a PM to @camp_bell or @shaxberd.
0x