Name: Björn Golda
Car No: 10
Team: aureus motorsport
Wiki Page: Shaxberd
Steam ID: shaxberd
Twitter: shaxberd

Mega GEARS V - Ibarra 300

Postby shaxberd » 02 Jun 2020, 08:55

MEARS is back! Welcome to the fifth round, taking place at Yua.. Yahur.. Yahuarch... Ibarra, this Sunday, 7th June 2020!

All times are BST
  • Practice - 60 minutes, all cars on track, beginning at 18:00.
  • Qualifying - 30 minutes, all cars on track, beginning at 19:00.
  • Warmup - 10 minutes for setup finalisation, refuelling, and bathroom breaks, beginning at 19:30.
  • Race - 85 laps/2 hrs with a formation lap, followed by a rolling start, beginning at about 19:40.

Real Life Lap

Stewarding Post
Coming up

Statistics
Available over at the live timing
0x
Have you ever had a dream that you, um, you had, your, you, you could, you’ll do, you, you wants, you, you could do so, you , you’ll do, you could, you, you want, you want them, to do you so much, you could do anything?

craighypheno
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Craig Woollard
Car No: 86
Team: ByCraig Racing
Wiki Page: craighypheno

Re: Mega GEARS V - Ibarra 300

Postby craighypheno » 02 Jun 2020, 11:46

It looks like my front left is going to have a fun time.
1x
Resident Jackbox host and shitposter. Now retired more than Nigel Mansell.

TheGwiiBird
Name: William Fry
Car No: 38
Team: Bad Pun Racing
Steam ID: will_fry

Postby TheGwiiBird » 02 Jun 2020, 16:08

Out
0x

camp_bell
Blue Flag Media Team
Name: Campbell Wallis
Car No: 64
Team: Kaibutsu Racing
Steam ID: camp_bell
Twitter: camp__bell

Postby camp_bell » 06 Jun 2020, 19:24

Stewarding Post

Pit Entry: On the right after the final corner.
Pit Exit: On the right on the front straight. Keep right when you exit the pits and announce pit exit as you'll feed out in the run to turn 1.

Track Notes
Please be careful in the first few corners, especially on the first lap. Be aware of where cars around you are, if you tangle through the first two corners, you will both have the biggest crash.

This track has several fast, tricky braking zones, especially the final corner whose braking zone is the fast chicane before it. Beware that other cars may be going significantly faster or slower than you at various times.

Beware that some of the trees in the run-off areas are solid and will murder you if you hit them hard enough.

Keep two wheels on the track limits at all times.

Event Notes
This event uses a rolling start. Proceed in single file behind the safety car. Form up on the back straight before the final chicane and the leader then sets the pace to let the safety car reach the pits. When the game gives the Green Flag command, you are free to race.

This is a long race and there will be mistakes. If you survive all 85 laps, you will have a very real chance of points. Likewise, even if you do have a crash, you can still finish the race and get points even with a pit stop to repair damage.

We will review lap 1 of the race as well as any incident reports. Please report incidents to @camp_bell or @Lemm314 on this forum or Discord by 19:00 UK time on Tuesday, 9th June 2020.
0x

craighypheno
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Craig Woollard
Car No: 86
Team: ByCraig Racing
Wiki Page: craighypheno

Postby craighypheno » 07 Jun 2020, 20:02

Huge thanks to @lazaros18 for getting me in the race altogether with some last-minute troubleshooting, and to @KJP93 for a setup that was much better than the oversteery, unpredictable mess I came up with.

Qualified badly and crashed a few times and then quit out after it became clear I was well out of contention. Fun track though!
1x
Resident Jackbox host and shitposter. Now retired more than Nigel Mansell.

camp_bell
Blue Flag Media Team

Postby camp_bell » 07 Jun 2020, 21:23

That was a really satisfying race. Aside from a couple of trips across the grass, I avoided any major mistakes and finished 4th, which was probably the maximum that was possible. Had an amazing few laps on fresh tyres after the pit stop which turned out to be 0.003 seconds off fastest lap (damn you @KJP93!) and an amazing side-by-side moment with @Lemm314 later on to secure 4th.

Really nice to have a strong drive and a good result after a few... less good races recently.

3x

Shinobi
Name: Martin Fernandez
Steam ID: Shinobi

Postby Shinobi » 07 Jun 2020, 22:42

p7! :D

Qualified as well as I could I think, pretty happy about having produced the times I was doing by myself. Perhaps not the fastest, and even though I'd like to see that gap come down further, I finished not too far off campbell and mark, so I can't really fault myself for anything. Gave it what I had and qualified well!

Went out to the track pretty conservative (pls let's all ignore my spin in the first failed start), lost out a position at the start from where I qualified, maybe team speak lag, maybe me sleeping, idk. Held on to Josh until he snatched a tire and lost it into the hairpin at the end of the lap, then bjorn sort of just dropped off behind me and I ended up in no man's land, between two groups. Made a silly mistake out of T5 (that left hander after all the right handers in the beginning of s2) as my pit thingie came up and I was trying to change through my lcd while exiting a freaking corner like a genius :D

Did a sick 470 and got back into the track, still ahead of bjorn so that gap I had built seemed to be pretty good. I was lapping not too fast at all however, in the 16s there being no rubber and me trying to minimise mistakes, so I realised that by the time I came to my pit window I was around 75% left on my front left, so I decided to change my strategy. I was gonna pit for mediums early on and take the advantage of a rubbered up track, but I decided to not change the tires I had and recover some time there. I also timed it so I'd pit as the leaders were about to catch me, minimising my time loss as I'd have to let em through.

My mistake from earlier came back to haunt me as Mark started breathing down my neck (twice) but I managed to dig deep™ and find me some good laps on old rubber to keep Mark's last pounce at bay. I gave it my all in those last few laps, reminding myself how little it was left in the race practically every lap and things worked out well thankfully.

Good racing everyone!
0x

camp_bell
Blue Flag Media Team

Postby camp_bell » 11 Jun 2020, 18:21

Drivers involved: @lazaros18 (#14)
Event/Race: Mega GEARS Ibarra
Timestamp: 207 (Aborted start)
Short Description: Lazaros lights up at the start and spins across the pack. Start is aborted.
Verdict: NO ACTION
Comment: However, please be more careful on the race start on cold tyres.

Apart from that, we received no incident reports and lap 1 was clean, so well done.
3x

KernowekPand
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Kyran Parkin
Car No: 93
Team: UPA/Fury
Wiki Page: Kyran Parkin
Steam ID: KJP93
Twitter: KJP93

Postby KernowekPand » 11 Jun 2020, 18:21

3x
KJP93 wrote:Wait, how the fuck am I more sunburnt than you?! You're Scottish! This is bullshit!
8x Realish Champ [5x Seasonal, 3x GEARS] | Crash of the Year 2017 | Driver of the Year 2018/2019 | UPA Boss | Livery Creator | Realish Stewarding Team