• 01/08/2021 CAR: Montreal | 08/08/2021 CAR: Rouen-les-Essarts | 15/08/2021 GEARS: Catalunya

Formula GEARS I - British Grand Prix: Silverstone

GEARS 6 - rF2 - Formula GEARS
Mosaegir
Name: Allie Ferrie
Car No: 35
Wiki Page: Mosaegir
Steam ID: Valrys
Twitter: Mosaegir

Re: Formula GEARS I - British Grand Prix: Silverstone

Postby Mosaegir » 04 Feb 2019, 17:03

To extend slightly on my initial race report - I fucked my strategy, otherwise I might have nicked that 3rd off Mike.

I took fuel for a long first stint to give me flexibility, fully expecting my tyres to die long in advance of the tank going dry. Turned out I managed to make them last, which made me think that maybe with my next two stints being shorter than planned, I might be able to make softs work and gain some time that way. Except the soft tyres felt awful (could barely go any faster on them than the mediums) and they wore very badly. Which then meant I had to go back onto mediums for another long stint to the end, only they didn't last as long this time round with my front left well and truly dead by the end.

Considering my lack of practice, I'm not too annoyed. Initially thought I'd hate these cars for the same reason I hate the gpvwc cars, but it had grown on me by the time we got to race start. Plenty of food for thought for next time out, and rounds 4-8 if I am able to get up at 3am and bare 300 ping.
3x

zephyr
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: William Walker
Car No: 101
Team: Team Penguin
Steam ID: killfariz

Postby zephyr » 07 Feb 2019, 20:52

Well My race was a bit boring, being that much slower wasn't good :( Congrats to the winners.

formation

formation

start grid

they're off

turn 1

April passing Mike

April passing Mark

Me speeding penalty

Broken April

Scot Lazaros bump

another angle

Joe and Campbell

April and Matt

win view1

win view 2

win view 3
2x

Lemm314
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: April Carlsvard
Car No: 314
Team: Fury
Wiki Page: lemming77
Steam ID: lemm314
Twitter: Lemm314

Postby Lemm314 » 19 Feb 2019, 22:19

Drivers Involved: @CuruxaUK (#45), @craighypheno (#86)
Event/Race: S19 - Silverstone Race 1
Timestamp: 274
Short Description: Contact between Craig and Niall causes Niall to swerve off the track.
Verdict: WARNING for Craig Woollard
Comment: Niall was overlapping Craig since before the DRS line, and so we felt Craig should have left space for Niall to drive the inside line.

Unhappy with this verdict? You may appeal the decision by contacting the admin team: PM Alex | PM James | PM Björn
0x
"April... You absolute bitch" - Neil 15/09/2017