• 25/04/2021 GEARS 21: Hungaroring | 09/05/2021 SE82: Cruddy X | 16/05/2021 GEARS 21: Zolder

rFactor & rFactor 2

Discussion about anything related to Studio 397's sim, rFactor 2
Boovolari
Original 8
Name: Pete Walker
Car No: 71
Team: POWA

Re: rFactor & rFactor 2

Postby Boovolari » 11 Aug 2015, 14:42

Ahhh yes, I know the very link. I spent an afternoon at work wading through all the mods on that site the other week and made my mind up that this is the right next sim for us :)

It's the track I'd not seen. It kinda messes with your head whenever it switches to a new track section. Want.
0x

JayCoops435
Pleb Club Bronze Member
Name: Jay Cooper
Car No: 17
Team: Defenders
Twitter: @Jay_ST_Cooper

Postby JayCoops435 » 11 Aug 2015, 14:59

Bookoi wrote:Ahhh yes, I know the very link. I spent an afternoon at work wading through all the mods on that site the other week and made my mind up that this is the right next sim for us :)

It's the track I'd not seen. It kinda messes with your head whenever it switches to a new track section. Want.

Depending what time I finish tonight (it's not looking like an early one at the minute), I'll have a go at converting it and will let you know if it works.
1x
Racing... because golf, football and cricket only require one ball.

earthshine140
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Charlie Marriott
Car No: 147
Team: Team Penguin
Wiki Page: earthshine
Steam ID: earthshine140
Twitter: thecharliem

Postby earthshine140 » 11 Aug 2015, 16:00

Bookoi wrote:Ahhh yes, I know the very link. I spent an afternoon at work wading through all the mods on that site the other week and made my mind up that this is the right next sim for us :)

Want. I'd be very curious to see the track map for that too!
1x
Просто продолжай плавать

ajokay
Original Boss
Name: Alex Odell
Car No: 23
Steam ID: ajokay
Twitter: ajokay85

Postby ajokay » 11 Aug 2015, 18:56

That's an amazing idea and it makes me wonder why I've never seen it done before.
0x
Have fun.

Sam Hill
Pleb Club Gold Member
Car No: 00
Wiki Page: Sam Hill
Steam ID: Tsunami_Sam
Twitter: @samh981

Postby Sam Hill » 11 Aug 2015, 20:49

Here's a WEC version I saw somewhere. It's just a concept, no mod for this one :(

2x
"Can I drink the bread?"

"Is she (Dame Ellen MacArthur) the transvestite that wears the big, silly glasses?"

HFG Ben
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Ben Haddleton
Car No: 777
Team: Firecruiser Racing Team
Wiki Page: Covamalia
Steam ID: HFGBen
Twitter: @bmgh85

Postby HFG Ben » 11 Aug 2015, 21:24

The WEC version... where they don't know how to spell Copse :P
4x

Icthyes
Blue Flag Media Team
Car No: 12
Team: The Indypendables

Postby Icthyes » 12 Aug 2015, 09:01

Bad cops, Bad cops...
0x

JoeNathan

Postby JoeNathan » 31 Aug 2015, 23:24

I don't think you'll find enough interest here as the club seems to be moving into a more "next-gen" direction, which isn't including rFactor1.

I'll give it a try though eventually :D
1x

GremlinWon
Name: Thomas Alderton
Car No: 40
Steam ID: GremlinWon

Postby GremlinWon » 31 Aug 2015, 23:38

@Lockinvar as joe says, not many people here play this anymore. there are a few including myself.
Drop me a PM if you like and we can get some racing together in a few lobbies i know of.
0x
ImageImage

ajokay
Original Boss

Postby ajokay » 01 Sep 2015, 00:06

Yeah, we have our plans for seasons and special events, as well as our midweek club racing days set out well into 2016, and none of them include rFactor. I suggest maybe heading over to Race Department if its rFactor action you're looking for.
0x
Have fun.

shaxberd
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Björn Golda
Car No: 10
Team: aureus motorsport
Wiki Page: Shaxberd
Steam ID: shaxberd
Twitter: shaxberd

Postby shaxberd » 01 Sep 2015, 16:39

Lockinvar wrote:What is the new game you are moving to? I'm on a limited budget being retired so may have to wait for a special offer on steam to get it :mrgreen:

As it looks right now, most of our racing action will likely move to Stock Car Extreme and Assetto Corsa, with the odd R3E event thrown in, as well. Which leads us to...
Stock Car Extreme is currently on sale - the best one ever since it moved to Steam, IIRC: http://store.steampowered.com/app/273840
2x
Have you ever had a dream that you, um, you had, your, you, you could, you’ll do, you, you wants, you, you could do so, you , you’ll do, you could, you, you want, you want them, to do you so much, you could do anything?

GremlinWon

Postby GremlinWon » 01 Sep 2015, 19:02

Lockinvar wrote:
ajokay wrote:Yeah, we have our plans for seasons and special events, as well as our midweek club racing days set out well into 2016, and none of them include rFactor. I suggest maybe heading over to Race Department if its rFactor action you're looking for.

Trust me to get race 07 just as you stop using it. I wasn't trying to start a new season just friendly races for any one, as you can get it for under a tenner on Ebay ( steam charges £19.99 ) plus all the Mods are free & they're are loads, making it cheap.
I looked at Rfactor2 but didn't want to pay for what is still a beta version plus atm the mod base is small, but growing & again is free.

What is the new game you are moving to? I'm on a limited budget being retired so may have to wait for a special offer on steam to get it :mrgreen:

john

Don't know where you get your games from but if you don't feel guilty you can actually get it for free. But I obviously don't know how you would do that nor recommend it to be honest. You are better off buying SCE. Looks far better.
0x
ImageImage

ajokay
Original Boss

Postby ajokay » 15 Oct 2015, 09:54

As an rFactor user, you're being sent a one-time email inviting you to purchase our latest racing simulation at a special price...

40% off rFactor 2 Standard or Lifetime

Worth it?

@lemming77?
0x
Have fun.

shaxberd
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Björn Golda
Car No: 10
Team: aureus motorsport
Wiki Page: Shaxberd
Steam ID: shaxberd
Twitter: shaxberd

Postby shaxberd » 15 Oct 2015, 09:58

Speaking of rFactor, v1 is currently available for 2.49$ over at Indiegala's Monday bundle - Krautspace looks like a fun idea, as well.

EDIT: 40% off of rFactor 2 doesn't seem to be personalised either - https://commerce.rfactor.net/purchase/s ... de=40OCT15
1x
Have you ever had a dream that you, um, you had, your, you, you could, you’ll do, you, you wants, you, you could do so, you , you’ll do, you could, you, you want, you want them, to do you so much, you could do anything?

Lemm314
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: April Carlsvard
Car No: 314
Team: Fury
Wiki Page: lemming77
Steam ID: lemm314
Twitter: Lemm314

Postby Lemm314 » 15 Oct 2015, 19:46

There's one thing you need with rF2; somewhere to race it regularly. Public lobbies aren't very reliable. But there's plenty of leagues and clubs around if you look for them. For a start, anyone who grabs it is welcome to come join us at Presto. There's also a section on the official forum for people racing it which tends to be pretty active.

I'd say with that in mind, it's worth it. That discount code has certainly put rF2's prices back on this planet. And it recently got a bunch of physics updates which are working their way into other cars. So right now, the Stock Cars, the GTR GT1 and Corvette GT2 represent rF2's physics at its most recent. Though that's frustratingly absent from the demo. :(

If anyone picks it up, we must try to find some time to get together and race it. We can probably all just bail into an empty public server. And if anyone has any difficulty getting it running, let me know and I'll try to help. :)
0x
"April... You absolute bitch" - Neil 15/09/2017

Bye_Jr
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Tom White
Car No: 25
Team: Chwaraeon Modur Iau
Steam ID: Bye_Jr
Twitter: @Bye_Jr

Postby Bye_Jr » 13 Nov 2015, 01:00

1x

Really Rubbish Racing's Second Fastest Driver In Really Real Life 2k15

Boovolari
Original 8
Name: Pete Walker
Car No: 71

Postby Boovolari » 13 Nov 2015, 10:10

...and still behind a multiplayer paywall :|
2x

GremlinWon

Postby GremlinWon » 13 Nov 2015, 22:41

Bookoi wrote:...and still behind a multiplayer paywall :|

However on sale at just under £40 is what people pay for new console games so I wouldn't say it's an unfair price at the moment.
0x
ImageImage

JoeNathan

Postby JoeNathan » 15 Nov 2015, 03:44

GremlinWon wrote:
Bookoi wrote:...and still behind a multiplayer paywall :|

However on sale at just under £40 is what people pay for new console games so I wouldn't say it's an unfair price at the moment.

Problem is that it's not working and no one will just pay that amount of money for empty servers. I invest a lot of money into iRacing, yet don't even understand why anyone would put the time or money into a nearly dead sim that only has leagues online.

It's seriously holding back rF2. If they dropped the subscription thing it would be so much better off. So much better.
1x

Sam Hill
Pleb Club Gold Member
Car No: 00
Wiki Page: Sam Hill
Steam ID: Tsunami_Sam
Twitter: @samh981

Postby Sam Hill » 15 Nov 2015, 14:13

Just to check, for £15 right now I could get rF2 offline forever?
1x
"Can I drink the bread?"

"Is she (Dame Ellen MacArthur) the transvestite that wears the big, silly glasses?"

DanThorn
Name: Dan Thorn
Car No: 802

Postby DanThorn » 15 Nov 2015, 14:51

I have no need for this game, nor the time to play it, but this just cropped up on my Twitter feed and now I want it. Probably about as real as I've ever seen a game look. Add a bit of camera shake and you're there.

6x

camp_bell
Blue Flag Media Team
Name: Campbell Wallis
Car No: 64
Team: Kaibutsu Racing
Steam ID: camp_bell
Twitter: camp__bell

Postby camp_bell » 15 Nov 2015, 17:35

That was phenomenal. I love how they captured the fuzziness of late 80s on-board cameras.

That V12 too.
0x
"Out upon Merry Christmas! If I had my will, every idiot who goes about with "You should use driver aids" on his lips should be boiled with his own pudding. He should!" - Me in the Realish Christmas Carol 2020

JoeNathan

Postby JoeNathan » 25 Dec 2015, 23:59

All I can say is rF2 deserves more attention.
2x

GremlinWon

Postby GremlinWon » 26 Dec 2015, 00:10

They even modeled his nose in his helmet.
0x
ImageImage

JoeNathan

Postby JoeNathan » 28 Dec 2015, 02:41

Look at the tire and how it makes contact with the road. Beautiful.
2x